Be a leader who mentors and motivates others. Gain dive knowledge, supervision abilities, and become a role model to divers around the world.
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
The Haka Divemaster course is a 6 weeks internship. During this internship you get assigned to an instructor who will help you during this 6 weeks with being the best version of a professional PADI Divemaster. You will get the full experience by diving as much as possible and joining our daily schedule.
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
Diver safety and risk management
Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
Business of diving and your career
Awareness of the dive environment
Dive setup and management
Mapping an open water site
Conducting dive briefings
Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs.
PADI Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enroll in the PADI Divemaster course. You also need to have:
Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
Contact us to enroll in the PADI Divemaster course. We can set up your starting date and get your Divemaster Crew-Pack once you arrive, which also includes other reference materials – like the PADI Instructor Manual and The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving – that you’ll need during the course.
As a diving professional, Divemaster candidates are expected to have their own dive equipment. However, equipment rental is available at an extra charge. The Scuba equipment you can rent from us is:
Mask + Snorkel
You should also own some parts of the scuba equipment that are not available for rent. However, we can help you to get them at discounted price in the retail dive shops we have very close to us:
Surface Marker Buoy
Unlimited Dives for 6 weeks
Pool and boat fees
Tanks and weights
Lots of Fun!
* Environmental fees are not included in the price. The environmental fees are as following:
– Local dive site 100 PHP per day.
– Balicasag Island 250 PHP per day
– Pamilacan Island 250 PHP per day
* If you need to rent the equipment from us (BCD, Regulator, Fins, Mask, Snorkel, Wetsuit), the price is 12.000 PHP for the whole 6 weeks training period.
* Course materials and certification fees are not included. PADI Divemaster Crew-Pak costs around 12,000 PHP (200 USD).
* After you successfully complete all your course requirements, we will send your Divemaster Application to PADI, who will charge a Divemaster Application fee (187AUD aprox) which includes the PADI membership for the current year. This is payable directly to PADI at the time of your application via credit card.